- Millbrook is a 32-acre working estate set in a valley with four self-catering properties.
- The Mill (the location of the cottages) was built in 1791 and converted in 1992.
- Lakeview was built in 1989 and is a coach house-style property.
- Each property is fully equipped and 5-star Gold Rated by Visit England.
- Wheelchair users will find Millbrook estate difficult due to its terrain and soft ground.
- We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require assistance, please phone 01769 629069 or email email@example.com.
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
- Corncott, Pulley Mill and The Wheel Room are accessed via Keypads (keycode provided by email seven days before arrival). Information is provided in a pre-arrival email sent seven days before arrival or via our website location page to download anytime
- Parking is available for one car per property (4 spaces in total) right outside the mill entrance - free of charge. We have parking for extra vehicles, approximately 50m for the mill entrance.
- Accessible parking / a drop-off point is located immediately outside The Wheel Room for step-less access.
- The drive is gravelled and hilly to the main house and office.
- The area is mostly well lit, but we recommend bringing a torch (rechargeable torches are provided in all accommodation).
Communal Washing Machine Room
- There is a washing machine room located in the old kennels
- 1 step high 28cm by 60cm wide gate
- Door to washing room 158cm x 56cm
- Washing machine 51cm x 60cm x 85cm
- There is a washing machine and tumble dryer free to use
- The light is a timer push button
For full details and maps of how to reach us, please see the location section of our website.
- The nearest railway station is Umberleigh, which is 3 mile away.
- Taxis are not available at the station and need to be pre-booked. If you require an accessible taxi, this can be booked in advance; see contact information below.
- A local company can supply mobility equipment for hire. See contact information below.
- The nearest shop mobility is 12 miles away in Barnstaple Bus station; See contact information below
- We can arrange for shopping to be put away for you before you arrive. All the major supermarkets deliver to us. We have a Sainsbury's, Asda and Tesco in Barnstaple.
- Our nearest bus stop is 1 mile away with a very limited service to Barnstaple; see contact information below
- The Hot tub is located approx 40m from the mill entrance. Lakeview has a private hot tub just 3m from the front door of Lakeview.
- The Hot tub in the woods is accessed by a raised wooden walkway.
- The Hot tub door is 1.2m / 47.24 inches wide (2 doors) and opens outwards.
- The lid needs to be removed and can by quite heavy; help is available on request in advance.
Grounds and Gardens
Millbrook is located in 32 acres of varied terrain including gravel paths and grassed areas
There are lots of benches and seating areas around the estate, including one next to the mill (one-step access)
We have a course fishing lake. There is a car park next to our coarse fishing lake.
- Please ask if we can help at all; if we can help we will. Please include any details on your booking with anything we can do to help or just give us a call.
- Our staff receive regular training that includes disability awareness training.
- Trained assistance dogs are very welcome.
- All areas in the apartments have good colour contrast between the floor, doors and walls.
- The nearest general hospital with an A&E unit is 14 miles away, and the nearest Doctors surgery is 1 mile away. Please see our guestbook for information.
- We can offer a list of nearby attractions and details of their Access guides for information, where available.
- Service Dogs are welcome free of charge, we try to keep Pulley Mill and Corncott dog free for allergy suffers.
- Our Duvets and pillows are all hypoallergenic and can be split for seasons.